In general my expertise area and research interests cover in vitro methods including in vitro digestion, in vitro anti-diabetic activities, in vitro anticholesterolemic effect, glycemic index, ACE inhibitory activities, bioaccessibility of bioactive compounds,bioactive peptides, phytochemicals, effect of food processing on bioactive compounds and nutrients, functional foods and excipient foods. My completed projects related to carotenoids are;
- Lycopene content and antioxidant activity of fresh and processed tomatoes and in vitro bioavailabilty of lycopene.
- Optimum nutritional approach in the development of functional foods: Vegetable products containing germinated seed and sprouts and caseinomacropeptide (CMP)
- Development an extruded product with enhanced bioavailabilty: Effect of extrusion on bioavailability of functional compounds and effect of added food materials on the quality of extruded product
- Functional food design: evaluation of the relationships among the food matrix, food processing and the bioaccessibility
- Effect of food processing and food matrix on the carotenoid bioaccessibility.